We are pleased to bring you the latest news about French jewelry brand Louise Damas. With sustainability, SDGs, and ethical initiatives in the spotlight at, here is how Louise Damas is putting them into practice.

Jewelry supporting French craftsmanship

 99% of Louise Damas' production takes place in France, supporting traditional craftsmanship. From the creation of the jewelry to its assembly, every step of the process is done by hand in our Paris workshop. The remaining 1% is involved in the silver plating production process, which is done in Spain to guarantee the best quality and price balance.

french craftsmanship
Louise Damas - Gyptis medal necklace

2. 80% of the total is made of recycled materials

 By the end of 2023, we will have increased the percentage of recycled materials in our production to 80% of the total. This includes 100% recycled tin, 40% recycled brass, and 100% recycled gold. Recycled gold does not require new gold mining, but does not differ inquality or color from newly mined gold.

Made from recycled materials. sustainable

Louise Damas - Denise Hoop Earrings

3. recycled gold certified by the RJC

 Louise Damas uses 24-karat recycled gold that is RJC-CoC certified.The gold is sourced from a company in Lyon, southeastern France, which is RJC certifiedThe RJC ( Responsible Jewelry Council) is an important standard that certifiesthat companies in the jewelry industry are ethical, socially and environmentally responsible. Global companies such as Cartier and Tiffany & Co. have received this certification, but as of February 2024, only seven companies in Japan have received this certification.

Responsible Jewellery Council gold
Louise Damas - Georgia chain necklace

4. sustainable production in response to demand

 Instead of mass production, we produce in reasonable quantities according to customer demand to avoid waste.The sustainability of the jewelry is enhanced bycreating collections that are not influenced by trends, seasonality, or temporary elements.

Sustainable production SDGs

Louise Damas - Georgia necklace

5. carefully selected raw materials

 Raw materials are carefully selected, safe and clean, free of lead, nickel and cadmium. 85% of the materials come from the European Union(France, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, Portugal ) and the remaining 15% from Indonesia, including raden from Indonesia, which is not available in Europe The remaining 15% is made of special materials, such as Indonesian mother-of-pearl inlays, which are not available in Europe.

Carefully selected raw materials

Louise Damas - Esmeralda hoop earrings

Short-term goal by 2025:

At the moment, the foam lining of the boxes and the magnets for the closure are not recyclable, but we are developing a new 100% recyclable packaging.

-The majority of office supplies are purchased second-hand: Currently, 70% of office supplies (furniture and decorations) are used. We will continue to use used and refurbished items instead of buying new whenever possible.

Short-term goals until 2025

Behind every beautiful piece of jewelry is a deep commitment to sustainable production. Keep an eye onLouise Damas as she continues her pursuit of sustainable beauty.

February 27, 2024

Leave a comment

Please note: comments must be approved before they are published.